Saturday, August 27, 2016

The Japanese Language.

Hi everyone! Here is a video I made about the Japanese Alphabets. There are 3 alphabets used in the Japanese language: Hiragana, Katakana, and Kanji.  My friend pointed out to me that some of the katakana I point out in the video are actually kanji in disguise!


UPDATE** My friend Shannon clarified a few things about the languagefor me:

 "Katakana is really only used for specific words that can't translate, and to adopt foreign words into the language. You will never see a kanji or hiragana written in katakana.

Sometimes as well, the Japanese don't even use some kanji. For simplicity's sake, you'll see it written in hiragana. For example, 頑張って。 ganbatte (Go for it!/ Good luck!) in Kanji form. But when I talk and text with friends, they more often than not type がんばって、the hiragana phonetic version of the word. It's a lot easier than sitting and handwriting those strokes. (Although, texting makes kanji easier as well).

There are tons and tons and tons of kanji out there. But a lot of it is unused or ignored, only used in certain levels of writing. Japanese is a language based so hugely on context! You could say two word sentences and everyone would know what you mean, if the context stays the same. I hope this all helps!!! Good luck!! XD or rather, がんばって!



Examples of the Alphabets.
Hiragana
Katakana
Kanji

No comments:

Post a Comment