Tuesday, November 1, 2016

UPDATE!

Hi Everyone! 

I have been in Japan for two and a half months, so I thought it would be nice to make a short video updating you all on how I am doing in Japan.  I will post my first video, "Welcome to Shigaraki", as well so you can compare to my first day in the park. (**Spoiler Alert: I am still excited!**)

My New Video:

My First Video:

UPDATE ON MY UPDATE:

Since I took my update video I have had some pieces come out of the glaze kiln. 



You guys get to be the first people in the United States to see some of my new work! I know I have to take better pictures, but until I do, I hope you enjoy these.



 Balance was crucial to this piece. It is actually three separate forms put together.

These two pieces were inspired by the temples in Kyoto.


 I am still working on a base for this piece.





These bowls are form my first wood-firing in the Anagama wood kiln.


This was my first test piece when I came to the park. I am very happy with it.








I am still working out exactly what I want from this piece. I have a few different set ups I want to try out. This is what I have so far.

 


 



That is all for now!

















No comments:

Post a Comment