Friday, April 5, 2013

A Short Post.

I am sorry I haven't updated in a while. I have been so busy. I promise a new post soon! For now, I just wanted to share my favorite series of Vincent van Gogh paintings. Most people love "Starry Night" or "Sunflowers". I love the "Cyprus"paintings.  I do not really know why.  Maybe it is because the trees seem like people to me. They are spirits, a presence, like a witness watching my every movement. They are dark, heavy, and full of soul. They watch.  I know this sounds silly. But they have so much weight. Every time I look at them, I feel like I am looking at a portrait. What do you think?

http://www.metmuseum.org/Collections/search-the-collections/110002434?pos=&rpp=20&pg=1&ft=Van+gogh&enlarge=true

Wheat Field with Cypresses

Vincent van Gogh 1889



Cypresses

Vincent van Gogh 1889


No comments:

Post a Comment