Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Another filler post! I am going to ramble... Just a warning.

Today I have more drawings spanning from High school to Graduate School. I wanted to look back at my drawings to find common themes and threads that seem to pop up. Hopefully looking back at these drawings can help me come up with new ideas for my future work.

From my  doodles and drawings I found three themes. The first is women and fashion. I have always loved fashion, so that was not a surprise.  (There will be a post soon about art in fashion, and fashion in art.) All of the women I draw are either ethereal or strong and, as my brother would say, kick-ass.  Most of them don't have faces...I am not sure why. I never really liked drawing faces. I like to imagine myself as the women I draw. They all are a part of my personality. 








 The second theme seems to be weird and creepy... I know that doesn't sound like a theme, but Monsters and Aliens sounds just as unusual.  I love horror movies, ghost stories, myths and legends.  Even my undergraduate show included monsters that I created. I like to create my own worlds, and these drawings were the beginning.





The last theme is color. I love color... Period, end of Sentence.







I am not sure if these themes will help me get my ideas in order, but it was fun seeing how my drawing has evolved.  I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment