Friday, June 21, 2013

A Shameless Plug... It's my blog, I can do what I want!

So I know this is supposed to be a blog about my art, and my thoughts on art... but brewing is an art. Isn't it? So in the spirit of Community, Art, and Alcohol, I shamelessly plug my amazing friends' Kickstarter!


http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2060915115/closet-brew-meadery?ref=live
I guess this post is about my art in a way. I did design the logo.
The amazing duo of Ben Adelman and Brian Murdzak launched their Kickstarter today to hopefully fund the creation of their Meadery company, CLOSET BREW MEADERY! Now when I say mead I mean that fermented honey drink of the gods, enjoyed by Vikings and even Odin himself!

Most people who say they have had mead have really only had honey wine (I am looking at your PA Renfire goers!). White wine flavored with honey.  Closet Brew Meadery makes the real stuff. A smooth semi sweet drink made completely from honey, not wine. Brian's family has been brewing for a long time, and he and Ben finally decided it was time to take this home brew to the next level.

I have been lucky enough to try some of the first batches. I am not a big drinker. I actually don't like the taste of alcohol. But I loved this mead when I tried it. It was smooth and refreshing, but hardy. Really I can't describe it well enough to do it justice. You will just have to try it yourself. And the only way you will be able to do that is by BACKING THE CLOSET BREW MEADERY KICKSTARTER :-)!  (See how I worked that in there. "Oh the cleverness of me!" -Peter Pan)

So please check out their page (SEE LINK ABOVE) and share it with as many people and in as many ways as you can!  Like them on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/closetbrewmeadery?fref=ts
And Follow them on Twitter! https://twitter.com/ClosetBrewMead

And again, Brewing is an art. And as they say  "The earth without art (and alcohol), would just be 'Eh'."

1 comment: